MINIMUM ORDER FOR DELIVERY = £15

What are the most popular gifts to send for Valentine's Day?

Are you planning on celebrating Valentine's Day this year? Surveys show about 80% of people in a relationship celebrate Valentine’s Day. I’m not sure what the other 20% are up to but the data certainly does shows that you’ll likely make the most effort if you have been with your partner for 2 years or less. However long you have been together a romantic gesture on Valentine's Day will always be appreciated whether it is a full blown romantic candlelit evening or a thoughtful gift to show you care.

Despite general perceptions that Valentine’s Day is most important to women, it is men who feel that celebrating Valentine’s Day with their partner is important. Stats show 68% of men would be disappointed if they didn’t celebrate the day compared to 51% of women.

So, what do people actually buy their partner for Valentine’s? In the UK about 40% of people will send a card to their loved one, 17% will indulge them with a box of chocolates, 14% will go out for a romantic meal, and 7% will send flowers.

If you are looking for some creative ideas to celebrate Valentine's 2024 look no further. We have great Valentine's gift ideas to make the perfect day no matter how long you have been together.

 

Cook a Romantic Dinner Together

Save some pennies and rather than going out rustle up something special together. No need to find a babysitter, squeeze into an overcrowded restaurant, and find a taxi at the end of the night. You can enjoy your favourite dishes at home and make a romantic moment creating it together. Luckily here in the heart of Cornwall we are surrounded by some of the best producers in the world. At The Cornish Food Box you can find all you'll need to make a special meal for two, and you can get it delivered to your door wherever you are in the UK. From a great range of Cornish Fish and Seafood, Grass Fed Beef Steaks, wide selection of Cornish cheese, and award winning wines including Camel Valley Brut.

If you don't fancy spending too much time in the kitchen why not order one of these amazing Heart Shaped Pasties? Perfect for two to share and available as traditional steak, cheese or vegan.

Treasure Hunt

Add a fun element to your gift giving this year. Design a special treasure hunt with lots of little gifts for your loved one to find. Use a combination of treats and trinkets that you know they'll love from beautiful scented candles from St Eval, minatures bottles of artisan gin, and delicious artisan chocolate from Chocolarder.

Couples Activity

Spend time together. You could choose to learn a new skill, try a new activity, or make something to symbolise your partnership. Whether it is polishing up your dance skills together, trying out a new sport, or getting hot under the collar in the kitchen, working on something together is the best way to bring you together.

Make Your Own Card

A handmade card shows that you have made an effort to make something special just for them. You don't have to be an awesome artist - the simplest designs can be the most effective and there are plenty of ideas and inspiration online. 

Share:

Copyright © The Cornish Food Box Company Ltd | VAT No. 284086384 Company No. 10851177